The library has joined the Northern California Digital Library Consortium
to offer downloadable e-books. Thanks to the generous donations of the
Friends of the Amador County Library the library is able to bring this
service to all its patrons.
What do I need to do to take advantage of this new service?
1. First you will need to have an up-to-date Amador County Library card.
To obtain a library card please visit your nearest library.
2. If you don't already have a personal email account, it would be a good
idea for you to sign up for any of the free accounts available online, such
as, Google or Yahoo. An email account is necessary if you are placing holds
on titles that may be checked out.
Where can I find e-book titles at the library?
1. Some of the e-book titles are listed in the library catalog. To locate
the titles you will need to click on the Library Catalog Tab located on
the library's homepage. At the catalog page click on Power Search, then scroll
to 'type' then click on the down arrow and select ELECTRONIC BOOK.
Then click on search and this will give you a list of the e-books the library currently has.
2. To download an e-book from the library click on the little ' link-like' icon
located at the bottom left of the record.
3. The link will take you directly to the consortium site where you can sign-in
and check-out titles or place holds on titles you would like to read later.
How do I return an e-book early.
How do I get started?
1. For a complete guide on what you need to know to get started enjoying this service click here:
2. For a tutorial of how each device works with Overdrive click here.